Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Colors & chaos...

No photos for this update - the camera is acting up and in for warranty repair.

This week, Jimbo has kept busy covering the metal roof supports with wood; Jeemias and Raul (plus at least one other) have been installing tile everywhere I'd allow it ... Paul loves tile, but if it were only me, I wouldn't have a single square in the house; at least three guys are busy painting - the ceiling is turning white, the interior walls are the same pale yellow I used in SC - the yellow that makes it look sunny inside, even if it's raining sideways; someone has been painting the exterior - we told Carlos to choose a brown that would look good with the windows and doors - he's been in the States for the past week and hasn't seen the exterior color, which looks pinkish against the orangish wood of the doors and windows that Senior Roderiguez has his crew installing. If that wasn't enough, Paco, the electrician has his crew running wires, Paul has been soldering wires in the switch and outlet boxes and I have been trying to stay out of the way.

Don't ask me how many there are on the job ... there's more activity at the house than in a three-ring circus. I'm serious.

And, the weather has changed back to the rainy season, so activities need to be scheduled around Mother Nature. Of course, this means that the trees are green-green and the sky turns from blue to varying shades of grey ....

This, I think this post's name: colors & chaos is accurate.