Sunday, October 21, 2007

Just a note...

Yes, we do realize it's been 11 days since our last post - apologies. We try to post blogs that have photographs, but haven't been doing anything to take photos of (at least we didn't think to take pictures). Thus, I'll simply share a typical day in rainy season (since our rainy season coincides with hurricane season in the northern hemisphere, we still have a few more weeks - fortunately, this is my favorite season).

Mornings generally dawn with a varied chorus of birds heralding the sun and 60-65 degree temps. Sometimes, it's a tad overcast, but mornings generally make me think Spring is in the air. And as soon as breakfast is over, I'm generally out puttering in the garden (alias weeding and digging).

By lunchtime, the weather has veered into a lovely summer day, then in the afternoon, the rains bring the thought of autumn. The amount of rainfall we get on any given day depends on what storm systems are in the area - at present, we're getting heavy rain, which I believe is courtesy of Kiko. When the rains begin, we turn our attention to indoor projects....

Evenings definitely remind me of a crisp fall day.... thus, I think we get 3 seasons every day and are only lacking winter. (this explains why we've been unable to find canning jars for sale).