Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Typical rural hydro-electric plant, etc....



Quaint, isn't it?


& this is our photo of the week ... this little fella belongs to our friend, Rigo, and was very interested in Paul's donut.


The piglet above reminds me of a blunder I made .... in Spanish, the word for kitchen is cocina (pronounced co-seen-ah), however, for years, I enjoyed reading our daughter's Italian cooking magazine and the italian word for 'kitchen' is cucina (pronounced coo-chee-ah) .... close, but in Spanish that word = small pig, so now you see why the photo reminded me of that learning experience. Anyway, I was explaining to ~ Javier that the main difference between Panamanian houses and 'gringo houses' was the fact that in Panamanian houses, the kitchen is a small room, away from the main parts of the house, but in 'gringo houses' it was the 'heart of the home' .... poor dear got quite confused over why a piglet would be the heart of any place ;-) And my response was, "Oops, I said it in Italian." Then went on to correct myself.

I may laugh as I now say 'cocina', but I never mix that word up with Italian.